Of all the essential oils I have used, Peppermint is by far one of my very favorites! Not only does it smell delicious, it has all different kinds of uses. Some of my favorites include:
- Add to water for a boost of energy
- Diffuse to enhance concentration and boost feelings positivity
- Mix with a carrier oil and rub onto the skin to help alleviate for sore muscles, especially after exercise!
Avoiding temptations this time of year could be a full time job! Some tricks you can use to help manage your calorie intake during the holiday season include:
- Have a snack or small meal before attending a party or big dinner to avoid overeating
- Drink water before and during a meal
- Bring a healthier dish to parties for all to share
- Use the plate method (1/2 plate veggies, 1/4 lean protein, 1/4 complex carb)
- Eat consistently throughout the day to avoid crashes in blood sugar then overindulgence.
- Use low or no calorie mixers for alcoholic drinks. Alternate each alcohol drink with water to limit extra calories.
- Survey the buffet before serving yourself to decide what are must have foods and those you don’t mind forgoing.
Research is showing a connection between the things you eat and an improved ability to manage stress. Dark chocolate is on the list, so I’m already on board! Check out the rest here.
Thanks for visiting our page. If you are looking for credible fitness and health information to help keep you active and motivated, we are here to do just that! Stay tuned for updates, videos, workouts, hacks and more!